- Confirmation codes are required for all tour applications. Confirmation codes will be sent via email. Please enter a valid email address with your application.
- To begin your application, click on the button below. The Tour Application page can also be found under Cheong Wa Dae Tours on the menu bar.
- For a group of two or more people, please submit one application. Enter the information of one group representative on the first page; you will be asked to enter the information of each additional participant in the next step of the application. Your group may not have more than ten people.
- Applications must be submitted at least three weeks in advance of desired tour date. If your desired date is marked “closed,” your application cannot be processed. Please choose other dates for your tour
- Changes to tour applications can be made until the Sunday two weeks before a scheduled visit. (For instance, if the date of a tour falls on March 29, 2017, changes can be made by Sunday, March 12, 2017)
- If a tour applicant’s passport expires before the desired tour date, the applicant will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
- Your application will be cancelled if the information on your passport and application do not match.
- Applicants can only apply for a tour once a month.
- Incomplete tour applications will be canceled automatically after 24 hours.
- Anyone under the age of 20 years cannot apply for a tour independently. They can join a tour if accompanied by an adult aged 20 or older.
Please arrive at the Cheong Wa Dae Tour Information Booth, located in the East Gate Parking Lot of Gyeongbokgung Palace, at least 10 minutes before the start of the tour. After the tour guide checks IDs, your group will board the shuttle and proceed to Cheong Wa Dae. Please bring your passport with you for the ID check.
Upon arrival, there will be a brief security check followed by a short introductory video. The actual tour will begin shortly after and cover areas such as Nokjiwon Garden, the old building grounds, the Main Building and Yeongbin-gwan (the State Guest House). The entire tour will take approximately 60 minutes.
Interpretation services are not provided and individual tour guides are not available. Therefore, we recommend that you read the information about Cheong Wa Dae on our website before your tour. Photographs may be taken ONLY at designated locations and video recording is strictly prohibited.
For your convenience, shuttle buses will be available to take you back to the East Parking Lot of Gyeongbokgung Palace after the tour is over. You can take the bus in front of the Sarangbang building located near Yeongbin-gwan, the last stop of the tour.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, the following : video cameras, zoom lenses, large bags, pets, alcohol, food and beverages, protest material, political material (including placards and signs), musical instruments, two-way radios and any dangerous or deadly items (knives of any size, firearms, gunpowder and other explosives, or replicas of the above).
- Personal vehicle : ground parking lot by the East Gate (2,000 won for the first two hours, 500 won for every additional 15 minutes)
- Group tour vehicle : underground parking garage by the East Gate (4,000 won for the first two hours, 500 won for every additional 15 minutes)
- (The East Gate of Gyeongbokgung Palace can be found on the left side of the street leading from Gwanghwamun to Samcheong-dong, or as you face the main Gwanghwamun Gate, it is on the right-hand wall.)
- Take exit 5 at Gyeongbokgung Station on subway line 3 into the Gyeongbokgung Palace grounds and walk approximately 600m toward the East Gate Parking Lot. The Cheong Wa Dae Tour Information Booth is on the ground parking lot.
- Every Tuesday, Gyeongbokgung Palace is closed and exit 5 should not be used. Instead, take exit 4 at Gyeongbokgung Station and walk approximately 700m in front of the Palace toward Anguk Station and turn left at the Gyeongbokgung intersection by Dongsipjagak (the East Watch Tower). The East Gate Parking Lot is on the left side of the street, and the Cheong Wa Dae Tour Information Booth is on the ground parking lot.
- Get off at Gyeongbokgung stop
Blue Bus: 171, 272, 109, 601, 606
Green Bus: 1020, 7025
- Get off at Bubryunsah Temple stop
Village Bus: Jongno 11
For the tour
Shuttle buses will depart from a gathering point in the East Gate Parking Lot of Gyeongbokgung and arrive at the Cheong Wa Dae Press Center.
After the tour
- Shuttle buses will be available at the Rose of Sharon Garden to take you back to the East Gate Parking Lot of Gyeongbokgung.
- Shuttle Bus Schedule
11:40, 12:00, 12:20, 12:40
15:40, 16:00, 16:20, 16:40