The Romanization of Korean
(Ministry of Culture and Tourism proclamation No. 2000-8)
- 1. Basic Principles of Romanization
- (1) Romanization is based on standard Korean pronunciation.
- (2) Symbols other than Roman letters are avoided to the greatest extent possible.
- 2. Summary of the Romanization System
- (1) Vowels are transcribed as follows:
- Simple Vowels
- (2) Consonants are transcribed as follows:
- Plosives (Stops)
Language Programs in Korea
Many large universities in Korea offer Korean language programs for international students eager to learn the language. Diverse programs are tailored to suit the needs of students. Needless to say, being on a college campus, it is easy for foreign students to make friends with Korean students. Tuition and housing conditions are different at every school. It is a good idea to examine many schools and pick the one that is best suited to you.